Our board of directors is comprised of outstanding individuals who have a deep compassion for people with Fibromyalgia, and volunteer their time to sit on our board.
Sharon Ostalecki, PhD | Executive Director
Sharon Ostalecki, Ph.D. Sharon Ostalecki, Ph.D. is the founder and executive director.
Dr. Ostalecki graduated from Eastern University with a Bachelors’ of Science Degree, & a Masters in Physical Science. She holds a Ph.D. in nutrition and specializes in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Her practice is in Novi, Michigan. For the past 10 years Dr. Ostalecki has lectured internationally, and has written and published articles on Fibromyalgia.
Dr. Ostalecki has authored:
- Fibromyalgia: The Complete Guide from Medical Experts and Patients, (Jones & Bartlett, 2008)
- 100 Questions & Answers About Fibromyalgia (Jones & Bartlett, 2009)
She is also the Executive producer of the following award winning documentary:
- Fibromyalgia: Fitting the Pieces Together, (Mort Crim Communications, Inc., 2009).
For the past 20 years she has lived with Fibromyalgia, and brings her personal insights into her lectures and clinical practice.
Dr. Ostalecki is involved in many professional, community and outreach programs including:
- Advisory Committee on Pain and Symptom Management (ACPSM), Lansing, MI.
- Subcommittee member of the Governor’s website on health awareness, Lansing, MI.
- Created HOPE’s Fibromyalgia Buddy Program. A program designed to team veteran (experienced) fibromyalgia patients with newly diagnosed patients.
- Facilitator: Fibromyalgia Support Group- Farmington Hills, MI.
Dr. Ostalecki speaks throughout the community to raise awareness of Fibromyalgia, and conducts workshops for patients, spouses and medical professionals. For the past 20 years she has lived with Fibromyalgia, and brings her personal insights into her lectures and clinical practice. Dr. Ostalecki has committed her life to becoming a leading voice in Fibromyalgia awareness and an advocate for patient rights.
Executive Board of Directors
Lynn Lipman, MA, Ed.S., Vice President
Robert Brill, Second Vice President
Loren DeVinney, P.T., Treasurer
Virinia Druin, L.M.T.
Ghabi A. Kaspo, D.D.S.
Joseph Meerschaert, M.D.
H.O.P.E. is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to develop and execute programs dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with fibromyalgia.